These caps are made from a curated batch of lightweight wools that Randi hand selected. These colors are limited but we will definitely try to keep this option available with rotating selections. Here's what she has to say about each fabric;
1. Dark grey: this is a lightweight worsted wool that is similar in weight to our linen caps but with a much tighter weave. Fully appropriate for trips to town but equally welcome on long rides.
2. Olive: this wool is slightly heavier than the dark grey and has a handsome twill weave (parallel diagonal raised stripes.) It is also a worsted wool which means the weave is tight and helps keeps wind and rain out.
3. GreyBlueishGreen tweed: I found this lovely tweed in New York but it's made in Italy. This wool is the thickest of the three and the softest. Perfect for those folks who say wool is too scratchy. The color is hard to describe (hence the indecisive name) but really handsome and complimentary.
- Classic four panel style
- Elastic in back panel for a nice fit.
- 100% wool, 100% cotton twill tape finish
- Stitched and stiffened brim
- Caps fit great under helmets
CARE: Best to hand wash cold with a mild soap & hang dry (No Dryer!). We wash them in the machine on a gentle cycle, but the brim can become a bit misshapen- use an iron to flatten.
SHIPPING and PRODUCTION
Every product is made to order from raw materials with the combined efforts of Randi, Eric and Sam.
HOLIDAY SHIPPING INFO: We are currently running about two+ weeks for production / shipping (lots of orders!) But we do have a couple dates to keep in mind: U.S. ORDERS placed by TUESDAY Dec. 10th & INTERNATIONAL ORDERS placed by TUESDAY DECEMBER 3rd should reach you no later than December 24th! If you have a specific date you need your order by please let us know in the 'Notes' section in Checkout or email email@example.com. Cheers!